It's Time to Applaud....

We all grew us in different homes and in various family dynamics.  For some of us, there were so many children (5) that kids practically raise each other.  I remember when I would practice piano, my dad could not wait till I was finished practicing so he could watch the 6 o'clock news.




.

I am so thankful after 40 years of teaching to have been a part of hundreds of families and have watched how much cooperation is rendered by a child when they are praised and made to feel important because of their musical accomplishments.  

It's funny to me, being a music educator how so many parents will have their kids involved in so many sports, drive and even fly to other states to participate in competitions, yet when I comes to piano or any instrument including voice, where is the same passion?

I once have a friend in college who played football tell me that he admired me and other musicians because what we did for our profession we could literally do for the rest of our lives.  Often times if a person is a professional athlete of any major sport, their bodies are so injured at the end of their career, physically they are washed up and can no longer play the sport they loved.  Interested contrasts.

So I wish that more parents would balance getting their kids involved in sports is great, but in addition, develop a child's intellect should always include at Music Education.
Every child deserves a Music Education.    Art Scott  www.MUSICBYARTSCOTT.com

Popular posts from this blog

Find a Teacher Today Directory

I Wish My Mom had Never Let Me Quit...

Selecting the Right Teacher is Crucial