I Wish My Mom had Never Let Me Quit...

If I had a dollar for every time an adult has said this to me, I would probably be a millionaire.  After months or years of 'making' a child practice, it can wear down any parent and often, this is just what the child is trying to do.....I had a voice teacher friend once tell me that "the most talented students will try to sabotage the lesson process - because it comes so easily to them"....After thirty years of teaching experience, I would have to wholeheartedly agree.



A word of encouragement to adults, parents and grandparents who read this, it is NEVER too late to start to play, or go back to playing and studying.  In fact, in several homes that I teach in, a mom or dad is taking lessons back to back with their kids, so their is a healthy competition present and the children and prone to working harder, so they can stay ahead of mom or dad.

So music touches all of us.  Support your local private teachers....and as earlier as you can start your children, the better.  Studies have proven that a child's brains develops and absorbs the most between the ages of 1 and 3.

Art Scott     www.MUSICBYARTSCOTT.com

 For more information, see another of my 50 websites and videos:     http://autismspecialneedsmusicbyartscott.blogspot.com/
    (949) 454-1221  Studio Phone   24/7

Popular posts from this blog

Find a Teacher Today Directory

Selecting the Right Teacher is Crucial